Friday, November 5, 2010

Last night

So, last night, my sweetie and I went shopping for gluten free stuff...I got 2 baking cookbooks which I am going to read and see if I can bake my own bread.  "Free For All" by Jules E. Dowler Shepard is one of the books, looks impressive.  There is a cake on the front which looks awesome!  And the other one is "Gluten Free Baking with the Culinary Institute of America" By Richard J. Coppedge Jr.  Both have 150 recipes inside.  And before we did that, we had dinner at Taco Bell.  Where it is a little frustrating.  I can't eat the lovely taco meat from there, it has wheat in it.  And then we went to 99 Ranch Market, figuring I could get some of the supplies I need to make some gluten free french bread.  I have a recipe.  I have a french bread pan, which my hubby bought me.  I got tapioca starch, potato starch, sweet rice flour, glutenous rice flour.  I also got some millet, hulled.  And some sorghum.  But they need to be made into flour.  So I got an 8 inch mortar and pestle so I can do that.  I figured I could get what I wanted there.  Most of it I was.  I still want amaranth flour, though I could make my own.  I also want to get some almond flour.  I have plans to make some cinnamon rolls and some other bread type things.  And I want to make cookies again.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment